360g dried spaghetti
1 pack of The Jolly Hog Smoked Back Bacon
1/2 tbsp good quality olive oil
4 free-range eggs
60g parmesan, plus extra for serving
15g parsley finely chopped
Cracked black pepper
– Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil and cook your pasta according to packet instructions.
– Chop the bacon into generous lardons and place a large fry pan over a medium to high heat. Add the oil to the pan and allow to get hot before adding the bacon pieces. Fry for 4 – 5 minutes until bacon pieces are crispy and caramelised.
– Crack the eggs into a bowl and gently whisk. Grate in the parmesan using a fine grater, add a generous crack of black pepper and stir well to combine.
– Once the pasta is cooked to your liking, place the bacon pan back over a low heat and transfer the cooked spaghetti into the pan using tongs.
– Pour the egg and parmesan mixture into the pan along with the parsley, stirring continuously to ensure the pasta is completely coated. Loosen the mixture with a little pasta water to create a creamy, glossy sauce.
– Once all the ingredients are tossed together and the pasta is well coated, serve straight to the table with a little more grated parmesan and crack of black pepper for good measure.