We love this dish for a weekend dinner. Our smoked treacle bacon just gives the risotto a unique taste, adding an edge to the creamy flavour of the rice.
– 1 pack of Jolly Hog Black Treacle Bacon
– Spring onion
– 400g risotto rice
– Olive oil
– Grated parmesan
– 2 litres chicken stock
1) Chop up spring onions and our treacle cured bacon into small slices.
2) Fry both the onions and the bacon in oil for 5 minutes on a medium heat.
3) Stir in 400g of risotto rice, allowing all the delicious bacon juices to be soaked up.
4) Add in a ladle at a time of 2 litres of chicken stock, slowly. Remember to keep constantly stirring it, showing the risotto some love, until the stock is fully absorbed.
5) Finally, mix in peas and grated parmesan for an extra smooth, creamy taste.