If you’re sat at home wishing you were on holiday, this tapas style recipe is perfect for you. The sticky sausage and rosemary sausage skewers taste like being on holiday, and are perfect served with roast potatoes, camembert and padron peppers for a Spanish tapas board to enjoy on summer evenings.
• 2 packs of The Jolly Hog British Outdoor Bred Proper Porker Sausages
• Half a pack of rosemary
• 5 tbsp Tracklements wholegrain mustard
• 4 tbsp runy honey
• Red onions
• Padron peppers
• Olive Oil
1. Start by peeling potatoes and chopping into quarters or halves depending on the size of the potato.
2. Place your potatoes in boiling water to boil for 12 minutes or until you can easily put a knife through them.
3. Drain the potatoes and shake them about in the colander until they are super fluffy and slightly broken apart.
4. Heat oil in a pan for 10 minutes until sizzling and then add the drained potatoes with plenty of salt, making sure each side of the potato is coated in oil and salt. Leave to roast for 20 mins, turning after 10 mins and removing when crispy on the outside.
5. Soak wooden skewers in water for 10 mins before to avoid burning, if you don’t have any metal skewers.
6. To save on washing up, mix 4tbsp runny honey and 5 tbsp wholegrain mustard. Chop up half a pack of rosemary finely and add it to the bowl before mixing.
7. Take 2 packs of our Proper Porker Sausages and chop each sausage into 5 or 6 smaller bits. It doesn’t matter if they go a bit squished, they still taste amazing.
8. Chop red onions into quarters and mix these with the sausages into the bowl. Make sure the food is all covered with the delicious sticky glaze.
9. Thread the sausages and onions onto your skewers and either for BBQ for 10-12 minutes or pop under the grill like we did, turning occasionally, until cooked.
10. Whilst your Spanish sausage skewers are grilling, fry padron peppers on a high heat with olive oil and sea salt flakes until the skin blisters.
11. Serve your skewers with a sprinkle of chopped rosemary, pardon peppers, your mini potatoes and a camembert for dipping. Tuck in!