We are all massive fans of a Sunday Roast but we can do you one better – a whole BBQ on a Sunday Roast! When the weather gets warmer, sometimes you really just don’t want to spend all day slaving away in front of a hot oven, when you should be outside enjoying the sunshine – especially when the rest of the family is outside in it. We LOVE doing our Sunday Roasts on the BBQ during Summer, and they are perfect for if you are entertaining guests in your garden but still want to provide a proper feast. Of course, there’s no better meat for your Roast Dinner – in our eyes – than our Great taste award winning Black Treacle Gammon Joint. Combined with our Black Treacle bacon wrapped Pigs in Blankets, this meat feast will be the best BBQ meal you’ve ever had!
1) This recipe is super simple and more of a meal idea. Set the BBQ to heat up to maximum temperature.
2) No need to waste time marinading as we’ve saved you the effort by curing our Gammon Joint with our signature black treacle flavour. If on a direct heat, cover the gammon with foil and secure the package with toothpicks (dip these in water for a few minutes first to avoid them catching fire!)
3) Use a fork to prick a couple holes around the gammon to allow the smoke to reach all parts of it.
2) Plop the Black Treacle Cured Gammon on the grill and leave for 3 hours, checking it occasionally.
3) In the mean time, quarter potatoes into good sized chunks for Roast potatoes. Chop up onions into thin slices, and chop carrots into batons at the same time. You can add any vegetable you like here but we love Sunday Roast Dinner classics like carrots and courgette.
4) Toss the potatoes in olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
5) Pop your potatoes and vegetables on some foil, wrapping up the foil so that it the food is fully covered on all sides. We love mixing equal parts honey and wholegrain mustard and lathering our root veggies in them!
6) Check on your gammon joint, and remove the foil for the last 30 minutes of grilling.
7) Add the foil package of onions and potatoes onto your BBQ for 15 minutes then turn. Add your pack of black treacle pigs in blankets to the BBQ, turning halfway.
8) After another 15 minutes, or when the potatoes are cooked, take them off, alongside the gammon joint & enjoy!
9) Sprinkle your veg with sesame seeds for an additional crunch.