This is one of our favourite recipes yet. The whole team tucked into this a few weeks ago for our Monday lunch and we must admit, we’ve made it a couple times since. Our BBQ Pulled Pork makes for the easiest week night meal. All you have to do is whack it in the oven, and enjoy delicious slow cooked meat less than an hour later. We like being a bit lazy with our week night dinners but we’re never willing to compromise on flavour. Queue this delicious dish. With a nutty and spicy sriracha satay sauce, our deliciously sweet and smokey black treacle BBQ Pulled Pork and the crunchiness of the nuts, these pulled pork pancake bowls are a flavour and texture explosion. Let us know if you give this Asian inspired satay bowl a go.
– 1 pack of The Jolly Hog Slow Cooked BBQ Pulled Pork
– Sriracha sauce
– Manilife Peanut Butter
– Mission tortilla wraps
– Peanuts (we used Californian honey and salt Sensations peanuts but you can make your own by roasting them with honey and salt)
– Start with the only cooking element of this dinner – we told you it was easy! Put our BBQ Slow Cooked Pulled Pork in the oven and cook according to pack instructions.
– Whilst the pulled pork is cooking, make your quick pickled cucumber. Use a peeler downwards on a cucumber to create thin strips of cucumber. Add to a bowl with a tbsp of rice wine vinegar & a pinch of salt. Leave to quick pickle!
– Make your sriracha satay sauce by combining 2 tbsp Manilife Smooth peanut butter with 2 tbsp sriracha sauce.
– Add in a tbsp of sesame oil and stir. Add a little bit of hot water to make it into more of a runny sauce until you get the satay sauce consistency you like. Try the sauce and add more sriracha to make it spicier or more peanut if you’re a real satay lover!
– Chop your lettuce leaves and assemble your Pulled Pork bowl. Add your slow cooked pulled pork, your Mission wraps folded into quarters, and your pickled cucumber.
– Top with crushed sweet peanuts and sesame seeds.
Not got pulled pork in the house? You can try this pulled pork recipe with our BBQ Slow Cooked Thick Cut Pork Ribs instead!