We’re holding out hope for the perfect sunny weather this week, but if it doesn’t pull through, or you don’t have a BBQ, you can also use your oven grill. This dish goes well with any of our sausage flavours, but using our Porky Blacks adds an extra sweet and tangy taste. This is perfect for getting the kids involved, and for sneaking in a few extra vegetables.
– 1 pack of Jolly Hog Proper Porker sausages
– Pointed peppers
– Sprig of rosemary
– 1 Lime
– Wooden skewers
1) Soak wooden skewers in water so that they don’t burn on the barbecue or under the grill.
2) Slice large pointed peppers into halves, and remove the white membrane and seeds, or simply keep the smaller peppers as they are before skewering them horizontally.
3) Skewer the sausages so that they have one skewer going through the top half and one skewer going through the bottom, forming a lattice.
4) Using a sprig of rosemary as a brush, coat the ingredients with olive oil and fresh lime juice then season with salt and pepper.
5) Barbecue for 20-30 mins (or place under the grill) making sure to turn the sausages until they are cooked. Place the rosemary on the barbecue for a couple of minutes at the end for extra fragrant food.