If there’s one meal that our dad, Simon Kohn, loves more than anything else, it’s goulash. For his birthday, we’ve finally given in and made him one. With sausages though, of course. This is actually a really delicious meal, perfect for a family mid-week dinner.
– 1 pack Jolly Hog Proper Porkers
– 500g new potatoes, halved
– 2 red onions
– 3 bell peppers
– 1 tbsp tomato puree
– 1 can chopped tomatoes
– 300ml vegetable stock
– 1 tbsp oregano
– 1 tbsp smoked paprika
– 1 tsp sea salt
– ½ tsp ground black pepper
– Sour cream
– Fresh parsley
1. Start by chopping the sausages, onions and peppers.
2. Fry the sausages in a pan with a little oil. Remove the sausages from the pan, and fry the onions until they are soft.
3. Transfer the onions into a saucepan, add paprika, oregano and tomato puree.
4. Chuck in the new potatoes, peppers, cooked sausages, chopped tomatoes and stock and simmer for 30-40 minutes on a medium/low heat.
5. When the sauce has reduced to slightly thick consistency, remove from the heat and serve. We served ours with sour cream and fresh parsley.