We wanted to mix up the usual savoury pancakes recipe with these pulled pork pancakes. We topped our pancake stack with our Slow Cooked BBQ Pulled Pork, plus some sweet pickled onions, cheese and jalapeños. Imagine these pulled pork pancakes to taste a bit like pulled pork wraps, but loaded up high. Our children get so excited trying different pancake toppings ideas, and they call this pancake combo ‘hot dog pancakes’ because it reminds them of them. If you’re looking for a savoury pancake recipe but not sure on pulled pork, you can also try this with our sausages squeezed out their skins & stir fried as a mince with a squeeze of mustard for that same hot dog taste.
– 1 pack of The Jolly Hog Slow Cooked BBQ Pulled Pork
– Vadasz Deli Pickled Onions
– 2 eggs
– 200ml Milk
– 200g self-raising flour
– 1 1/4-1/2 tsp baking powder
– 50g Butter
– Mustard / BBQ sauce
– To start making your pulled pork pancakes recipe, put your pack of slow cooked BBQ pulled pork in the oven and cook according to pack instructions.
– Add flour, baking powder and a pinch of salt. You can add sugar to make this combination even more of a sweet and savoury combo.
– Crack in 2 large eggs and stir.
– Next, add the milk and melted butter. Use around half of the butter for the pancake mixture, the rest for frying.
– Whisk the mixture together with an electric whisk if you have one. If not, use a fork or a regular whisk. Try to get it smooth.
– Heat some of your butter in a non-stick frying pan (the non-stick bit is essential). Get it to a medium heat then you are ready to add your pancakes.
– To make your pancakes more easy to shape, pour the mixture into a jug before pouring it into the pan. Don’t pour the pancakes too close together, make them smaller circles then you want them to be when you pour as they will get larger.
– Cook them for 1-2 mins and then flip when the surface starts to bubble. Repeat on the other side.
– Load up your pancakes with your pancake toppings. Add the slow cooked BBQ pulled pork, then top with cheese. Drizzle with a spicy sauce of your choice or mustard and BBQ sauce.