We are obsessed with this Spanish Sausage Salad Recipe from Gousto. Using our Great Taste Award Winning British sausages, this succulent sausage, sweet red onion and roasted pepper salad is packed with flavour.
– 1 pack of our The Jolly Hog Proper Porker British Sausages or (our favourite for this recipe) our Caramelised Porkers
– 2 tsp smoked paprika
– 1 sweet pointed pepper
– 50g rocket
– 30ml mayonnaise
– 3 white potatoes
– 15ml white wine vinegar
– 1 red onion
– 1 garlic clove
– Preheat the oven to 220°C/ 200°C (fan)/ gas 7. Boil a kettle. Cut the potatoes into small bite-sized pieces.
– Add the chopped potatoes to a pot of boiling water with a large pinch of salt and cook over a high heat for 10 min or until just fork-tender. Once cooked, drain and return them to the pot.
– While the potatoes are cooking, deseed the pepper[s] (scrape the seeds and pith out with a teaspoon) and cut into thick strips. Peel and cut the red onion[s] into wedges.
– Add the drained potatoes to a baking tray and crush them gently with a fork. Add the smoked paprika, a drizzle of olive oil and pinch of salt and give them a good mix up.
– Put the tray in the oven and cook for 20-25 min or until crisp – these are your crispy paprika potatoes.
– While the potatoes are cooking, peel and finely chop (or grate) the garlic. Combine the mayo with the chopped garlic (don’t like raw garlic? Go easy!) and the white wine vinegar in a small bowl. Add 1 tbsp [2 tbsp] olive oil and a pinch of salt – this is your aioli.
– Pat the pork loin steaks dry with kitchen paper, rub them with a little vegetable oil and season both sides with salt. Heat a large, wide-based pan (preferably non-stick) over a high heat. Once hot, add the seasoned pork steaks and cook for 1 min on each side, then add the pepper strips and red onion wedges.
– Cook for 8-10 min further, turning everything occasionally, or until the pork steaks are cooked through (no pink meat!). Once done, transfer the cooked pork steaks to a clean chopping board, cover with a clean tea towel and leave them to rest for 1 min
– Wash the rocket, then pat it dry with kitchen paper and divide it between your serving plates. Slice the rested sausages finely. Serve the sausages, charred pepper strips and red onion wedges over the rocket. Sprinkle over the crispy paprika potatoes – this is your Spanish sausage salad. Drizzle the aioli all over.