Jolly Dog Sausage & Prawn Paella
Imagine a Paella, but so much better. This juicy Jolly Dog sausage paella recipe was sent to us by our mate Lizzie, and has quickly become a family favourite meal. With both our sausages and bacon, this paella is sure to keep the family full!
- 2 Jolly Hog Jolly Dog sausages
- 160g chorizo or bacon lardons (one of those small packs)
- 1 white onion (chopped)
- 1 red pepper (chopped into small chunks)
- 1 red chilli (thinly chopped)
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tsp paprika
- 180g sundried tomato (or red pepper/red pesto) paste
- Paella rice (or use risotto rice if you can’t find)
- 125ml white wine
- 1l chicken stock
- 100g frozen peas (defrosted)
- 10 jumbo raw prawns
- Handful of chopped parsley
- 1 lemon cut into wedges
- 1) Put a few tbssp of olive oil in a large frying pan over a medium heat and fry the chorizo or bacon for a few minutes. Then add the onion and red pepper, frying for a few minutes, followed by the red chilli and garlic. Continue frying until softened and the onion has started to turn translucent.
- 2) Add the paprika and sundried tomato paste, stirring until combined.
- 3) Add the paella rice and stir for around 1 minute until coated in all the juices. Add the white wine and continue stirring until fully absorbed by the rice.
- 4) Add the chicken stock then leave to simmer over a low heat for 20-25 minutes until the rice has absorbed the stock. Stir every 5 minutes to ensure no rice gets stuck to the bottom of the pan!
- 5) Whilst the rice is cooking, put the Jolly Dog sausages in the oven for around 20-25 minutes. Once cooked, put the sausages to one side and chop into chunks.
- 6) Add the peas, prawns and chopped sausage to the rice, and stir until the prawns have cooked through and are a pale pink (around 5 minutes!). Then enjoy your juicy paella!