Imagine a Paella, but so much better 🤤 This juicy Jolly Dog sausage paella recipe was sent to us by our mate Lizzie, and has quickly become a family favourite meal. With both our sausages and bacon, this paella is sure to keep the family full!
2 Jolly Hog Jolly Dog sausages
160g chorizo or bacon lardons (one of those small packs)
1 white onion (chopped)
1 red pepper (chopped into small chunks)
1 red chilli (thinly chopped)
2 garlic cloves
1 tsp paprika
180g sundried tomato (or red pepper/red pesto) paste
Paella rice (or use risotto rice if you can’t find)
125ml white wine
1l chicken stock
100g frozen peas (defrosted)
10 jumbo raw prawns
Handful of chopped parsley
1 lemon cut into wedges
1) Put a few tbssp of olive oil in a large frying pan over a medium heat and fry the chorizo or bacon for a few minutes. Then add the onion and red pepper, frying for a few minutes, followed by the red chilli and garlic. Continue frying until softened and the onion has started to turn translucent.
2) Add the paprika and sundried tomato paste, stirring until combined.
3) Add the paella rice and stir for around 1 minute until coated in all the juices. Add the white wine and continue stirring until fully absorbed by the rice.
4) Add the chicken stock then leave to simmer over a low heat for 20-25 minutes until the rice has absorbed the stock. Stir every 5 minutes to ensure no rice gets stuck to the bottom of the pan!
5) Whilst the rice is cooking, put the Jolly Dog sausages in the oven for around 20-25 minutes. Once cooked, put the sausages to one side and chop into chunks.
6) Add the peas, prawns and chopped sausage to the rice, and stir until the prawns have cooked through and are a pale pink (around 5 minutes!). Then enjoy your juicy paella!