One of the most satisfying family dinners that always goes down well in our house is a classic pizza. For us, sausage pizzas are the best type of pizzas – bonus points if they have bacon on them. We love having a mixture of sweet and spicy on our pizzas so a sweet chilli pizza is always a winner. When Northern Dough Co made this pizza with our sausages, we knew we had to make it ourselves. Ready in half hour with minimum prep and loads of opportunities to get the kids involved in cooking, this sausage pizza recipe is the perfect family meal. If you’re looking for chicken sausage recipes, you can also try this sausage recipe with our chicken sausages instead for a herbier result.
– 1 pack of our The Jolly Hog Proper Porkers British Sausages or our British Jolly Hen Chicken Sausages
– 1 pack of Northern Dough Co Beer Crust Pizza Dough
– Sweet chilli jam
– Portobello mushrooms
– Mozzarella – grated
– To make this sausage pizza recipe, start by defrosting the pizza dough.
– Whilst your pizza dough is defrosting, cook our British Sausages until they’re browned and cooked through. Our favourite method is to grill them but check the pack for more instructions for the perfect porker!
– Stretch the dough out on a floured surface.
– Add all of your toppings onto the pizza dough. Add the cooked sausages after chopping them into smaller bites.
– Simply turn your oven onto a high heat and cook for 8-12 minutes, keeping an eye on it to prevent burning. If you’re lucky enough, cook it in your pizza oven. You can also turn this into a calzone sausage pizza recipe by only filling one side, folding over the dough and pinching round the edges to create a seal. Cook as you would with the sausage pizza.