Sausage pasta recipe – Green pasta sauce
We cooked up this sausage pasta recipe for team lunch and it was deliciously simple and tasty. Made with a green pasta sauce – that hides a portion of veggies in it – this garlic sausage pasta is nutritious and delicious. We used our award winning British Sausages for this one, using our Apple Porkers pork and apple sausages which add a lovely sweetness to this sausage meat pasta. Combining nutty parmesan, our sweet sausages, zesty lemon and punchy garlic, this pasta with sausage is a flavoursome combo. Try this cavolo nero pasta to sneak some veggies in for fussy eaters. You can also make this green pasta recipe a kale pasta recipe if you can’t get your hands on any cavolo nero. For extra deliciousness, give this garlic pasta recipe a crispy bacon crumb, made using our Double Smoked Streaky Bacon.
- To make this sausage pasta recipe, start by squeezing the meat out of our British sausages.
- Salt some water in a saucepan and bring to boil then add your garlic. Cook the garlic for a couple of minutes then add the cavolo nero for a couple of minutes.
- Put the garlic and kale into your food processor with the olive oil. Add salt and pepper then add a bit of the cooking water to loosen up the sauce if need be. This will form your green pasta sauce recipe.
- Using the water you already had, add your pasta and bring back up to boiling.
- In the meantime, in a separate pan, add the sausage meat and use a spatula to break apart the meat. Cook until crispy and crumbled, making for the perfect sausage meat recipe.
- When the pasta is ready, drain it, keeping a tiny bit of pasta water to help the pasta sauce go silky. Add the pasta to the sausage filled pan, then add the sauce into the pasta. Stir it all through, adding the lemon juice and parmesan.
- For an optional added touch, pan fry panko breadcrumbs for a couple of minutes until toasted for a lovely crunch to your sausage pasta!