Jolly Easy Sausage & Parsnip Winter Traybake
We’ve created the ultimate Winter week-night meal. This traybake recipe is so easy but the delicious sausages, apple, onion and honey and wholegrain mustard sauce combine to make a beautiful sticky and sweet flavour. The traybake is perfect for feeding the whole family and chucking in leftover vegetables – switch up the parsnips and red onion for other ingredients like fennel or whatever veg you have in the house if you have fussy ones to cater for.
- 1 pack of Jolly Hog Proper Porkers
- 2 x Apples
- 2 x Red onion
- Olive oil
- 4 tsbp Wholegrain mustard
- 4 tbsp Honey
- 4 cloves of Garlic
- Peel a few large parsnips and chop into batons. The smaller they are, the quicker it’ll cook so chop them smaller if you’re pushed for time.
- In a saucepan, boil the parsnips for 5 mins and then drain them, allowing them to air-dry for a few minutes.
- Pre-heat the oven to 200 fan.
- Core a couple of apples and chop them into quarters or smaller chunks.
- Cut the skin off a red onion and then chop it into wedges. Chuck it into the tray with the apple and parsnips.
- Lay a pack of our Jolly Hog Proper Porker sausages on top of the tray of food and then drizzle with olive oil. Roast for 15 mins.
- In a small bowl, mix together equal parts wholegrain mustard to honey (the more of both, the sticker the traybake will be). Mince 4 cloves of garlic and add them to the sauce.
- After 15 mins, turn the food over. Drizzle your honey and wholegrain mustard sauce for some extra sweetness & add salt and pepper for seasoning.
- Leave the tray to cook for another 10 mins then check on it. If you prefer your sausages a little more browned, pop the grill on for a couple mins to give the skins that crisp and colouring.
- Decorate the finished traybake with rosemary.