When we’re trying out easy BBQ recipes, this flatbread BBQ recipe is always top of the list. We load up these homemade flatbreads with our Black Treacle Bacon wrapped Pigs in Blankets for bite sized sausages but you can also make these BBQ flatbreads with our Chicken Sausages or Little Porkers chipolata sausages for a great simple BBQ recipe. As well as being a great easy meal to try on the BBQ for the whole family, this is a great recipe for flatbreads if you want to start making your own. BBQed flatbreads taste so much better – especially when you know you’ve made them yourself! We’ve paired these BBQ sandwiches with harissa yoghurt and BBQed veggies for a healthy BBQ recipe but you can mix up the toppings and add pulled pork for a more traditional BBQ dish or add bacon, a fried egg & chilli jam for a BBQ breakfast recipe.
– 2 packs of The Jolly Hog British Black Treacle Bacon Pigs in Blankets
– 300g white flour
– 1 level tsp quick acting yeast
– 1 tsp Cornish sea salt
– 1/4 tsp sugar
– 1 tbsp olive oil
– 120ml warm water
– Tomatoes on the vine (optional)
– Rocket (optional)
– BBQ flatbreads are one of our favourite easy BBQ recipes, especially this version because it involves one of our favourite foods ever – pigs in blankets! To start this recipe though, we begin with the flatbreads.
– Mix your dry ingredients in a large bowl.
– Add the olive oil and water. Keep adding water to make the dough soft if extra is needed.
– Sprinkle flour on a surface and add your flatbreads. Knead for 10 minutes or so. Put some welly into it!
– Grease a bowl with olive oil or butter then add your dough, and cover with a tea towel, leaving it somewhere warm. You can use fast action dried yeast to make this recipe quicker. If you’re using that, leave for 30 mins, but if you use regular yeast, leave the bowl for a few hours.
– In the meantime, fire up your BBQ! Put a pack or two of our Pigs in Blankets on the BBQ. If you like sausages on the BBQ, you’ll love BBQ’ed pigs in blankets, combining two of the best things in life – BBQ sausage and BBQ bacon! Cook until browned on both sides, flipping halfway.
– Whilst your BBQ pigs in blankets are cooking, add tomatoes on the vine and cook for a couple minutes for gorgeous juicy BBQed tomatoes.
– To complete the flatbread BBQ recipe, chuck your flatbreads onto the BBQ, flip after a couple mins & remove when they’ve gone warm, bubbled up and have char lines on them.
– Serve up the flatbreads with a spicy sauce by combining harissa & yoghurt then fill with the BBQ pigs in blankets, BBQ tomatoes & rocket