One of our favourite breakfast ideas is this sausage burger recipe. Breakfast burgers always feel like a bit of a treat and are a great way to avoid spending money on *that* famous breakfast takeaway place by making a version yourself of the McMuffin. If you’re looking for easy breakfast ideas this one is a great one to try, taking only a handful of steps and ingredients, plus, if you’ve never made one before, this is a great smash burger recipe to learn how to make your own. During Summer, if you want to dip your toe into BBQ breakfast recipes, try cooking the patties, egg & bacon on the BBQ for an easy campfire brunch. If you prefer chicken or fancy a lighter option, use this as a chicken burger recipe and use our chicken sausages, it’s great if you’re looking for chicken sausage recipes!
– 1 pack of The Jolly Hog Proper Porker British Sausages or Jolly Hen Chicken Sausages
– 1 muffin or brioche bun
– 1 avocado
– A few tsps of Tracklements Fresh chilli jam
– 1 egg
– 1 hash brown (optional)
– To make this yummy sausage burger recipe, start by cooking your hash brown if you’re including one. You could also make your own rosti to go in there by peeling then grating a potato, adding salt & pepper and moulding into circles then frying on both sides til cooked through and golden.
– Next, remove the meat from from our sausages by squeezing them out into a bowl and discarding the skins. Mould the sausage meat into a burger shape.
– Pan fry the breakfast burger patty on both sides until it is caramelised and cooked all the way through.
– Whilst your sausage patty is cooking, make homemade guac by smashing your avocado and adding salt, pepper, chilli or lime if you like.
– Fry your egg or BBQ it if you’re using the grill. You could also chuck in a bit of our streaky bacon for extra tastiness.
– Spread a breakfast muffin with chilli jam then load up your brunch burger.