These skewers are ridiculously easy (and tasty) and a fun way to get the kids involved with cooking. Perfect as a sharing dish or as a main, these satay sausage skewers also only take 20 minutes to make. Winning.
• 1 pack of Jolly Hog Proper Porkers (or your sausage of choice)
• 6 garlic cloves
• 4 green chillis
• 6 tbsp peanut butter
• 2 tbsp soy sauce
• 1 tbsp lime or lemon juice
• 1 tbsp sesame oil
• Spring onions
• Chopped cucumber (optional)
1. Smash up 6 garlic cloves and chop into smaller chunks.
2. Chop up 4 green chillis as finely as possible.
3. In a mixing bowl, combine 6 tbsps of peanut butter with the green chillis and garlic.
4. Add 1tbsp of sesame oil, 1tsp of lime or lemon juice, and 2 tbsps of soy sauce.
5. Pop the grill on and stick 2 pack of our Proper Porkers in.
6. Check on your porkers, turning them over until they’re almost fully cooked.
7. Take the sausages out and skewer them by chopping them in half down the middle and sliding the porker on the skewer. If you don’t have any skewers, you can leave the sausages as is or cut them in half for the same taste.
8. Spread your satay sauce over the top of the sausages then pop back under the grill for a couple of minutes. Keep a close eye on them so the sauce doesn’t burn.
9. Keep some satay sauce in a dipping bowl, and serve the skewered sausages with chopped cucumber, radish, lime, carrots and lettuce.