If you haven’t tried roasting gnocchi before, you have not lived. Give this roasted gnocchi, sausage and vegetables traybake a go for an easy week night meal that is perfect for lunch leftovers. Roasting the gnocchi makes it go crispy on the outside and fluffy in the middle, like mini roast potatoes. Switch up the veg for any vegetables you have in the house, but we love using broccoli, courgette and kale.
• 1 pack of Jolly Hog Proper Porker sausages.
• Olive oil.
• Chilli flakes.
• 1 pack of gnocchi.
1. Start by chopping courgette into rounds and broccoli into chunks.
2. Separate garlic into whole bulbs and chuck them in an oven tray – less prep and more flavour.
3. Chuck the broccoli and courgette into the tray and coat with olive oil.
4. If you have a food brush, use it to make sure the gnocchi is coated with oil so it goes extra crispy.
5. Lay a pack of Proper Porker sausages on top of the traybake.
6. Season with Arrabbiata flakes or chilli, pepper, salt and basil.
7. Roast for 25 minutes, turning the sausages after 10 minutes.
8. Once the sausages are almost cooked, pop on the grill until the gnocchi is crispy and the sausages are nicely browned.