This recipe is a bit of a mouthful, but we promise you’ll enjoy getting your mouth around this Ragu Alforno Pasta Bake. Shake up your usual pasta dish by swapping beef mince for our sausages – and throw in bacon too if you’re feeling indulgent. Recipe serves four people, perfect for families or for saving for a lazy week day lunch!
– 1 pack of Jolly Hog Proper Porkers
– Olive oil
– 2 carrots
– 2 sachets tomato puree
– 2 tins tomatoes
– 2 pots of red wine stock pot
– 100 ml water
– Grated cheese
1. Preheat your oven to 200 degrees
2. Bring a saucepan of water to boil then add the pasta and a pinch of salt, cooking for 10 mins. Drain once cooked & drizzle in oil to stop it all sticking together.
3. Run a knife down the long slide of 6 our sausages to get the sausage meat out and crumble into a mince.
4. Heat up some oil in a large frying pan and add the mince for a few minutes until it’s browned. We also add some of our bacon when we’re feeling greedy 😉
5. Trim the ends of 2 carrots and grate them using your grater.
6. Add the carrots to the sausage meat then add 2 sachets of tomato puree. Stir and cook for another min.
7. Pour 2 tins of finely chopped tomatoes into the pan, and add 2 pots of red wine stock pot and 100 ml water.
8. Boil and keep stirring until the stocks reduced. Turn down the heat to a simmer for 10-12 minutes until the sauce appears thick.
9. Add the pasta and the sauce to a deep oven dish.
10. Sprinkle grated cheese and teared mozzarella pieces on top & bake for 8-10 mins or until golden and gooey on top!