Needing a bit of comfort food? Try our pulled pork mac and cheese recipe for the ultimate hug in a bowl.
The Jolly Hog BBQ Pulled Pork
1) Grease up an ovenproof dish with some butter whilst heating your oven to 200.
2) Cook your macaroni for 10 minutes in salted water (we like boiling it for slightly less time to give it that delicious al dente taste).
3) Now the slightly trickier, potentially messier part. Melt butter on a low heat in a saucepan before chucking in some plain flour – the more you put in, the thicker the taste – and mustard. For a truly indulgent taste, remove the pan from the heat and stir in milk and cream, or both if you’re feeling in the mood for some comfort food.
4) Grate in a tonne of cheddar (not literally a tonne, but you get our point) and keep stirring the sauce on the heat until it thickens and boils.
5) Shower the macaroni with breadcrumbs and even more grated cheese then bake for 25-30 minutes.
6) Here’s the best part. Add some of our pulled pork, after cooking it according to package instructions, or, if you’re a real adventurer, cook our Pigs in Blankets until golden. Whichever is your porky weapon of choice, chop up once cooked and sprinkle onto the macaroni cheese.
7) What’re you waiting for? Eat it!