Needing a bit of comfort food? Try our pulled pork mac and cheese recipe for the ultimate hug in a bowl.
– 1 pack of Jolly Hog BBQ Pulled Pork
– Butter 40g
– Extra mature Cheddar x 350g
– Milk x 300ml (you can chuck in an extra 100ml of milk to make the dish creamier and more saucy)
– 2 tbsp Dijon Mustard
– Plain flour (we used Doves gluten free flour) x 1 and a half tbsp
1) Grease up an ovenproof dish with some butter whilst heating your oven to 200.
2) Cook your macaroni for 10 minutes in salted water (we like boiling it for slightly less time to give it that delicious al dente taste). Put a pack of our BBQ Pulled Pork in the oven and cook according to pack instructions.
3) Grate cheddar into a bowl and set aside.
4) Chuck your butter into a sauce pan and heat on medium heat on a hob.
5) Add your tablespoons of flour to the butter and stir with a whisk (or a fork, because we didn’t have a whisk around!). It should begin to form a bit more of a paste.
6) Next, add in your milk, stirring in a small amount at a time.
7) Chuck your grated cheese in and continue to stir. The sauce will soon thicken into a proper cheesy sauce.
8) Once it’s thickened, add in 2 tbsp mustard.
9) Chuck your pasta into an oven-proof tray and then pour the cheesy sauce on top, making sure it’s all covered.
10) Cook in the oven for 20-30 mins on 200c fan/ 220c oven. Remove once the cheese sauce has crisped and wait 10 mins before serving.
11) Here’s the best part. Add some of our pulled pork, or, if you’re a real adventurer, cook our Pigs in Blankets until golden. Whichever is your porky weapon of choice, chop up once cooked and sprinkle onto the macaroni cheese.