We’ve taken a classic hot cross bun sandwich and made it crazier (and tastier). We love Asian flavours and satay sauce in a sandwich with our pulled pork or sausages, so we decided to give it an Easter twist and combine it in a hot cross bun sandwich. Try this hot cross bun recipe for a cool Easter lunch idea or for a fusion food twist on a classic pulled pork sandwich.
– Start by cooking your Slow Cooked BBQ Pulled Pork. Cook according to pack instructions, on fan 180 for 30 minutes.
– Remove from the oven, add the sachet of black treacle and smokey BBQ sauce and shred the pork with two forks. Return to the oven for a further 5 minutes.
– Whilst the pulled pork is cooking, chop your Hot Cross Bun in half and lightly toast both sides.
– Combine a generous portion of Manilife Smooth Peanut butter with a dash of soy sauce for a satay sauce style dressing.
– Spread your satay sauce across the Hot Cross Bun then load it up with the slow cooked pulled pork.
Top with kimchi and chopped spring onions and drizzle more satay sauce if desired.