It’s officially summer and what better way to celebrate than with this recipe for BBQ Pulled Pork Cheesy Nachos. This recipe is minimum effort, letting our BBQ Pulled Pork do all the talking. Perfect for summer dinners, socially distanced garden parties and pigging out!
• 300g tortilla chips
• 2 packs of The Jolly Hog BBQ Pulled Pork
• 2 spring onions (finely sliced)
• 1 or 2 red chillis (chopped)
• 100g or a large handful of gherkins (chopped)
For the Cheese sauce;
• 100g Red Leicester (grated)
• 100g cheddar (grated)
• 1 tbsp cornflour
• 300ml whipping cream
• 4 avocados
• 2 heirloom tomatoes (de seeded and finely chopped)
• 1/2 red onion (finely chopped)
• 1 tsp of lime juice
1) Cook The Jolly Hog BBQ Pulled Pork following packaging instructions.
2) Meanwhile, chop the chillis, gherkins and spring onions and set aside. Make your Guacamole now if you are doing this too – just mash all ingredient together until smooth!
3) Warm up tortilla chips in the oven on 180C for about 5 mins.
4) To make the cheese sauce, put the cheeses, cream and cornflour in a small pan over a low heat and stir until melted and smooth! Keep warm so it doesn’t set!
5) To assemble, put half of the tortilla chips in a baking tray and sprinkle over half of the pulled pork. Then pour on the cheese and scatter with half the chilli, gherkins and spring onions. Add the remaining tortilla chips and repeat!
6) Put back in the oven for another 5 minutes and then serve with sour cream and guacamole!