This sticky sweet potato and sausage traybake recipe is so delicious, it’s exactly the kind of comfort food this weather calls for. Inspired by Asian flavours, the soy and sesame glaze makes these sticky sausages go deliciously browned and glazed and this sausage recipe is made extra tasty and sweet by using our Caramelised Porkers British sausages. If you’re looking for an easy sausage traybake recipe, give this a go. You can also try it with our Jolly Hen Chicken Sausages, or our Little Porker chipolatas for a quicker cook. Mix up the veggies that are in the sausage and potato traybake based off of what you have in the fridge (or what’s in season).
– 1 pack of The Jolly Hog British Sausages Caramelised Porkers
– Sweet potatoes
– Pak choi
– Sesame seeds
– Soy sauce
– Sesame oil
– Ginger (optional)
– Garlic (optional)
– Chilli (optional)
– Honey or brown sugar
– Preheat your oven to 200 or 180 fan.
– Chop your sweet potatoes into small chunks. The smaller you chop them, the quicker your meal will take to cook. Try not to overcrowd the oven tray or they won’t go as crispy.
– Chop broccoli, or use tender stem broccoli, into large chunks and add to the traybake.
– Take a pack of our British Outdoor Bred RSPCA Assured Caramelised Porkers (or any of our sausages) and lay the pack on top of the broccoli and sweet potato traybake.
– In a bowl, combine 3 tbsp sesame oil, 3 tbsp soy sauce and a bit of honey or brown sugar (you could even use hot honey for an extra kick). You can also add a bit of hoisin sauce if you have some in the fridge or cupboard. We chopped 2 cloves of garlic & a tsp worth of ginger and added them to the sauce. Taste the sauce and add more honey or brown sugar if you want it sweeter, or fresh chilli to make it spicy.
– Pour the sauce over the potato and sausage traybake and make sure it’s covered. Put in the oven to cook for 40-50 minutes.
– Flip the sausages half way through & when there’s 10-15 minutes left of the cook, add the pak choi under the sausages. Add more sauce if you would like, then drizzle in sesame seeds and cook for the last 10-15 minutes. Remove from the oven when the sausages are fully cooked. They should be nice and browned, the veg should be crispy and the sweet potatoes should be tender. Tuck into your sticky sweet potato and sausage traybake recipe!