This is our failsafe method for a posh fry up recipe. The secret to a good full English breakfast is always using top quality ingredients, and keeping it really simple. This breakfast recipe uses our great taste award winning Proper Porkers British Sausages and Double Smoked Back Bacon for the ultimate combo.
1 pack The Jolly Hog Proper Porker Sausages (reserve 2 sausages for your ‘second day’ sausage sarnie!)
Large vine tomatoes, approximate 400g
1.5 tbsp rapeseed oil
Sea salt & cracked black pepper
4 rashers The Jolly Hog Smoked Back Bacon
2 good-quality free range eggs
2 slices thick-cut bread
Butter, to serve
Sauce, to serve
– Heat the oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6 and the grill to medium-high.
– Place the sausages on a grill pan (no need to prick the sausages first) and place under the grill for 18 – 22 minutes, turning occasionally.
– In the meantime, place the vine tomatoes on a roasting tray, sprinkle with 1/2 tbsp oil and a pinch of salt and pepper. Roast in the oven for 10 – 12 minutes until the skins just start to blister.
– In the last 6 minutes of the sausage cooking time, place the bacon rashers under the grill turning once. If you like your bacon particularly crispy, grill for a further 2 minutes.
– With 5 minutes to go, heat the remaining oil in a frying pan and once hot, carefully crack in your eggs. Fry over a medium heat for 4 – 5 minutes until the white has set but the yolk remains runny.
– Toast your bread until golden and butter generously. Plate all of your components and finish with a large dollop of your chosen sauce! Finally season you egg with a little salt and pepper and serve.