Most of us have jumped on the lockdown train of making your own sourdough pizzas, but we wanted to bring you a more simple recipe for when all the sourdough stuff seems like a faff! You can even cheat with this bacon pizza recipe by buying a base before hand ?and then follow the last few steps!
– 1 pack of The Jolly Hog Streaky Bacon
– 300g bread flour
– 1 tsp instant yeast
– 1 tbsp of Olive oil
– 2 cloves of garlic
– Mascarpone cheese
1. To make your pizza base, add flour into a bowl with yeast and salt.
2. Make a well in the middle of the bowl and pour in 200ml warm water with olive oil.
3. Stir in the ingredients with a wooden spoon until your dough is looking soft and sticky.
4. Sprinkle some flour across your kitchen counter and then turn the bowl upside down onto it, kneading for 5 minutes until the dough is smooth – consider it burning off the pizza you’re about to eat ?
5. Cover the dough with a clean tea towel and set it aside for longer if you want it to rise for a deeper dish, and less time for a thin crust.
6. On a floured surface again, roll out the dough and split it into two balls and then again into two large rounds, using a rolling pin or a wine bottle – reward yourself with a glass for your hard work so far ? . Make the dough thinner than you would like as it will rise in the oven.
7. Line some trays with parchment or baking paper and a sprinkle of flour and then add your pizzas onto them.
8. Add any sauce you fancy but we like making our own tomato sauce by mixing passata, basil, crushed garlic and pepper.
9. Dot your mascarpone cheese over the top of the pizza then add mushrooms and our smoked bacon chopped into small pieces. We chose bacon for this recipe but our sausages also go great on the pizza with onions and goats cheese!
10. Pop in the oven for 10 minutes at 210°C or until the dough is cooked, the bacon is crispy & the cheese is melted!