This Giant pigs in blankets traybake is the ultimate Winter warmer. Try it for the perfect Winter dinner recipe for the whole family. Our children always go mad for these bacon wrapped sausages because they love pigs in blankets so giant ones are even better! Roasting the gnocchi in this recipe makes it go extra crispy and makes the recipe filling and hearty. You can switch out the gnocchi for potatoes, pasta or even leave it out all together and switch up the broccoli for whatever you have in the fridge. We love getting in the spirit for Christmas with this giant pigs in blankets traybake, and the combination of brie and rosemary makes it just taste like Christmas! Use this recipe for a Christmas leftovers recipe when you have leftover pigs in blankets too!
– 1 pack of our The Jolly Hog Oak & Beech Smoked Streaky Bacon
– 1 pack of our The Jolly Hog Little Porker chipolata sausages
– 1 pack of Gnocchi
– Olive oil (or truffle oil)
– Tenderstem broccoli
– Salt & pepper to taste
– Start by wrapping your Little Porker chipolata sausages in our Smoked Streaky Bacon. Use a rasher per sausage. This will make your Giant pigs in blankets!
– Pre-heat the oven to 200c fan.
– Pour your gnocchi into an oven tray and make sure it’s evenly spread out. Drizzle with olive oil, salt and pepper and rosemary and toss so that the gnocchi is covered with oil so that it’ll go extra crispy (our favourite thing about roasted gnocchi)
– Now it’s time to build your pigs in blanket traybake! Add your bacon wrapped sausages on top of the gnocchi. Cook in the oven for 20 minutes.
– Check on your giant pigs in blanket traybake. Turn the sausages over, and add your tenderstem broccoli evenly spread out.
– Slice brie into small chunks add layer on top of the traybake to add a delicious creamy cheesiness to the recipe. You can even make this a full on Christmas recipe and add cranberry sauce to the pigs in blanket traybake. What’s more Christmassy than pigs in blankets, brie and cranberry after all?
– Return to the oven and cook until the bacon wrapped sausages are fully cooked and browned and the broccoli is cooked.