We’re calling this the hot dog recipe the hot dog of the Summer! A delicious slightly spicy hot dog, this hot dog idea combines our Jolly Dogs British Hot Dogs – made with smoked sea salt for the ultimate hot dog sausage – with spicy nduja mayo, our tender slow cooked British pulled pork and herby homemade pesto. If you’re looking for hot dog recipes, this is one you need to add to your list! Full of flavour and packed with freshness, this might be our favourite of our hot dogs yet. We loved it so much we even put it on our restaurant menu!
– Toasted Bun
– The Jolly Hog Jolly Dogs British Hot Dogs
– The Jolly Hog British Pulled Pork
– Spring onions
For the homemade pesto:
Basil, Olive Oil, grated parmesan, toasted pumpkin seeds, garlic
For the homemade Nduja mayo:
Nduda mixed with mayo and smoked paprika
– Start by cooking the British pulled pork according to pack instructions.
– Whilst that’s cooking, make your homemade pesto recipe for your hot dog sauce. Combine the pesto ingredients in a processor. Season to taste and adjust to your liking.
– To make the nduja mayo. Pan fry the nduja to release the spicy juices, and then mix with mayo and smoked paprika. Again, season to taste, adding more mayo to make it less of a spicy hot dog recipe.
– Put the Jolly Dog British Hot Dogs on the BBQ or under the grill to cook until crispy!
– Top your toasted bun with the British hot dog sausage, then the pulled pork and then the pesto and nduja mayo. Sprinkle with chopped spring onions.