This nuoc cham sausage pork rice bowl is the perfect sausage meat recipe for our super sweet Caramelised Porkers British Sausages. The marriage here of the tangy fish sauce, sweet honey, spicy red chilli and zesty lime, come together for the punchiest, most refreshing little dinner. This dish is super versatile to whatever you have in your cupboard or your fridge, switch the rice for noodles or pork mince for chicken mince for a chicken mince recipe. We love combining nuoc cham recipes with a sausage mince recipe though as we think our peppery and sweet sausages work perfectly with this punchy dressing. Give this a go when you’re looking for more British sausage recipes for dinner!
– Start this pork rice bowl by cooking your rice. We used jasmine rice but if you’re feeling lazy you can use packet rice for this sausage meat recipe.
– Squeeze the meat out of our British Sausages to make the pork mince recipe.
– Pan fry the sausages, with oil, using your spatula to break into a mince.
– Near the end, add a splash of Chinese cooking wine & I also used lemongrass paste. Cook until crispy and caramelised.
– For the Nuoc Cham dressing, combine the honey (or sugar), chopped chilli, juice of half a lime, tbsp fish sauce and sesame oil.
– Cover the rice, pork mince and veg with the sauce & tuck in. We grilled some veggies with fish sauce, sesame oil, salt & pepper as well to complete this sausage meat recipe!