When you can’t be bothered to spend ages making dinner, this mustard pasta dish will become your go to recipe. The wholegrain mustard in the pasta instantly gives the dish a delicious taste, plus our treacle bacon adds a delicious sweetness. With this 15 minute meal, you’ll please the whole family, sneak in some greens and enjoy a tasty family meal!
• 1 packs of Jolly Hog Black Treacle Bacon
• Wholegrain mustard
• Brussel Sprouts
• Olive oil
1. Take a pack of spaghetti and cook according to pack instructions.
2. In the mean time, cut up a pack of our bacon and fry it in a frying pan. Put the bacon to the side.
3. Quarter, and then boil, your Brussels sprouts for 12 minutes.
4. Once your spaghetti is done, drain it, keeping about a cup of the pasta water (just dip it in to the pasta or place it underneath the colander when you drain it.
5. In the same frying pan as you cooked the bacon, fry your peas from frozen until cooked.
6. When they’re done, chuck back in your bacon and then the pasta.
7. In a small bowl, mix together 1 tbsp per person of wholegrain mustard, with the pasta water, then pour over the pan and stir around to make sure the whole dish is coated in the delicious mustardy sauce.
8. Sprinkle your sprouts with parmesan and keep them on the side if you have fussy little piglets or sprouts haters (if not, mix them in to your pasta at the last stage of frying).