Quesadillas are some of our absolute favourite lunch time treats. They’re so quick and easy to make and taste absolutely delicious. We love using all of our hams for these, but our favourite combination at the moment is using our Honey and Wholegrain Mustard Ham with lots of cheese and Tracklements Wholegrain mustard. After all, ham, cheese and mustard is the ultimate comfort combo. This a fusion take on quesadillas, using quintessentially British flavours instead. Whether it’s a ham recipe you’re looking for, lunch box recipe or simply a cheesy snack, these cheese and ham quesadillas are the recipe for you.
– 1 x pack of The Jolly Hog Honey Wholegrain mustard ham
– Tracklements wholegrain mustard
– 2 x Mission Tortilla wraps
– ¼ a pack of cooking mozzarella
– Cooked chicken
1. Take 2 large tortilla wraps and spread mustard across one side of both of them. Use as much or as little as you like, we like being generous with the mustard!
2. Top one of the tortillas with 4 slices of Jolly Hog Honey Mustard ham, equally spread about the tortilla.
3. Add in your pre-cooked chicken, layering on top, then top with teared mozzarella pieces and grated cheddar. We always go heavy with the cheese.
4. Top the tortilla with another wrap so that it is covered.
5. In a large frying pan, on medium heat, heat a couple tablespoons of oil.
6. Add your tortilla, making sure to slide it gently into the pan so that it doesn’t fall apart.
7. Cook the tortillas for about 3 minutes on each side, before flipping. Flip as quickly and carefully as you can to avoid losing food from your wraps!
8. When the wraps have gone golden and toasted and the cheese has melted, remove them from the pan, chop into quarters and wait a couple of minutes before you tuck in.