Sometimes you just need some comfort food, and that’s exactly what this delicious dinner is. Comfort food done right. There’s nothing more warming and comforting than sausages at the end of a busy day after all! We always love putting mustard on our hot dogs during Summer, but we don’t think you should save that awesome flavour pairing just for Summer. So here’s our more warming take on the Dijon mustard and sausage combo! The kick of the Dijon mustard balances so well with the sweetness of our Caramelised Onion sausages. A match made in heaven. Give this recipe a go for your next family dinner, or make a batch of it for lunches during the week.
– 1 pack of Jolly Hog Caramelised Onion Sausages
– 2 red onions
– Brussels Sprouts (or your veg of choice)
– Dijon Mustard
– Olive oil
– Lime (optional)
– Coriander (optional)
– Balsamic vinegar
– Start by putting your rice on to boil. You can go a bit extra with this if you want to by turning it into coriander rice. To do this, just chop up a handful of coriander and add to a food processor with 100l of water or so. Whizz it until it is in a paste and then add it to your saucepan with your rice and water. Bring to boil and then reduce the heat until it is cooked. If you do this with your rice, we would really recommend adding the juice of a quarter of a lime for a dreamy flavour combo.
– Chop your Brussels Sprouts or vegetables of choice. We love chopping sprouts into quarters, then adding them to an oven tray full of coconut oil or olive oil. Make sure they’re coated then add some lime juice and salt and pepper and roast on 200-220 for 20 mins.
– Time for the main event – the sausages! Cook the Caramelised Onion sausages however you best like them. We love grilling them – just check the pack instructions for cooking times.
– Whilst the sausages are cooking, chop your red onion into thin slices.
– Fry the red onions with oil and a splash of balsamic vinegar in a frying pan until they caramelise.
– Combine Dijon mustard with a glug of olive oil in a bowl, adding more olive oil until you get the consistency you would like.
– Serve up your sausages on the bed of rice, topping with your caramelised onion and veg and drizzling with your mustard sauce.