So stay with us on this one, we’ve created a delicious mojito inspired burger and it is one you can’t miss this Summer if you’re wanting to try new BBQ food ideas. The combination of the white rum, our umami rich and juicy beef burgers, sweet sugar, plus fresh mint and zesty lime creates an amazing flavour packed burger that reminds you of a mojito. This is definitely one of our wackier burger recipe ideas but it is worth trying. Crazy combos sometimes pay off!
– 2 x packs of The Jolly Cow Steak, Bone Marrow and British Beef Burgers
– 2 x tbsps of Dead Mans Fingers White Rum
– A few sprigs of fresh mint
– Olive oil
– Wyke Farms Cheddar
– 3 cloves of garlic
– 1 small red chilli
– Red wine vinegar
– Handful of parsley
– Garlic mayo
– To make this mojito burger, start by making your chimichurri sauce. This will be a lovely sauce that’ll add zestiness to your burger. Finely chop 3 garlic cloves and 1 small red chilli. In terms of burger recipe ideas, this is a wild one but it is so flavoursome!
– Chop a handful of fresh parsley and add it to a small bowl with the chilli and garlic.
– Add in about 3 tbsps of olive oil and 2 tbsps of red wine vinegar.
– Sprinkle the chimichurri sauce with sea salt and black pepper and give it a taste. Adjust with more vinegar or olive oil if you prefer.
– Use a pestle and mortar or a hand blender to make the chimichurri sauce less chunky and more of a sauce if you prefer the consistency.
– In a separate bowl, combine a couple tbsps of rum with a tbsp of sugar (or honey in its place).
– Next up, put your burgers onto cook on the BBQ. Our Jolly Cow Steak, Bone Marrow and British beef burgers cook fast as they’re smash burgers so keep an eye on them.
– Brush the burgers with your rum and sugar glaze. This will make them go even more caramelised and give them a sweetness and slight kick to up the flavour and help bring those mojito taste to the burger.
– Chop up the cheddar into thin slices and add it to the burgers once they’re almost cooked and caramelised. Put your lid on your BBQ and leave for them to melt. If you don’t have a lid, another trick is to use a large metal bowl and turn it upside down, holding it over the burgers to help the cheese melt on the burgers. This is a top tip for melting cheese on burgers on a BBQ!
– Toast your burger buns on the BBQ for a minute, then spread the base with garlic mayo.
– Top the base with your two beef burger patties then add the chimichurri sauce on top. Obviously this recipe is best served with an icy and refreshing mojito!
For more burger recipe ideas head to our cook page!