LADY AND THE TRAMP’ SAUSAGE MEATBALLS
Did you know that pork mince leads to a much more moist meatball than it’s beef counterpart? And, we’ve taken the hard work out for you!
Our Caramelised Porkers make a marvellous meatball, for a Valentine’s Day dinner worthy of Lady and the Tramp themselves. Watch the video here.
– 1 pack Jolly Hog Caramelised Porker, removed from skins
– 1 large white onion or two small ones, chopped
– 3 cloves garlic, crushed
– 1 red chilli, finely chopped
– 1 tin chopped tomatoes
– 300ml vegetable stock
– 1 tbsp Tomato puree
– 1 tbsp dried oregano
– 1 tbsp dried basil
– 1 tsp salt
– 1 tsp black pepper
– Fresh Basil
- Use ½ a sausage for each meatball, and roll into a ball. Fry over a medium heat, in a little oil, until the outsides begin to brown. Remove meatballs from the pan, and leave aside until the sauce is ready.
- In the same pan, fry onions until they begin to soften. Then add the garlic and chilli with the oregano, dried basil, salt and pepper.
- Add the tomato paste, stock and chopped tomatoes (add more than one tin if you prefer a wet sauce) and simmer for approx 30 minutes over a medium-low heat.
- Add the meatballs back into the sauce and cook for a further 15 minutes, checking that the meatballs are cooked through.
- Serve with spaghetti, grated parmesan and fresh basil.