This side dish is great for jazzing up veggies and making them feel like a treat for the kids, instead of a chore. Any way to sneak in bacon and it’s got to be a winner hasn’t it?
• 1 pack of Jolly Hog Streaky Bacon
• Shred your kale into smaller pieces.
• Place a shallow amount of water in a saucepan and leave to boil.
• Add kale to the pan and steam it by adding the lid for a couple of minutes.
• In a separate frying pan, sauté butter with chopped garlic.
• Once the garlic has begun to turn golden, chop up some bacon of our bacon into thinner slices and add it to the pan. – When the bacon & garlic are looking crispy, chuck them on top of the drained kale and toss the dish so there’s no squabbling over who gets the bacon bits on top!