Take the palaver out of midweek meals, with a simple traybake. Jolly Hog streaky bacon, wrapped around chicken and baked with potatoes and vegetables. Easy peasy.
– 1 pack Jolly Hog streaky bacon
– 4 chicken breasts
– 500g baby potatoes
– ½ pack green beans
– 16 cherry tomatoes
– 1 lemon
– 3 cloves garlic, roughly crushed
– 150ml white wine
– Dried oregano, salt, black pepper
1. Start by washing and cutting the potatoes, before placing in a deep roasting dish. Season and coat in a little oil, then put in the oven at 200C for about 25 mins, until they start to brown a little.
2. Whilst the potatoes are in the oven, chop the green beans and cut lemons into wedges.
3. Wrap the streaky bacon around the chicken breasts (three rashers per breast), and place into the roast tray so that none are touching.
3. Add in green beans and tomatoes, garlic, lemon wedges and white wine.
4. Sprinkle with oregano and season with salt and pepper to taste.
5. Bake in the oven at 180C for 30 mins, until the chicken is cooked through and the bacon starts to crisp.