Sausages with mustard is an age old pairing, but cooking all your ingredients with this sticky sauce makes the flavour combination really pop. This recipe requires minimum ingredients, all of which can be swapped if you don’t have the right ones in the house – or if you have some picky porkers eating!
– 1 pack of Jolly Hog Proper Porker sausages
– 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
– 2 tbsps olive oil
– 4 cloves minced garlic
– Salt and pepper
– Olive oil
– Red onions
– 2 tbsp honey
1) To make the delicious sticky sauce, add 2 tablespoons of wholegrain mustard and two tablespoons of honey to a bowl. Make sure these are heaped for extra flavour or if you’re making it for a larger number of people.
2) Add 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar, 2 tablespoons of olive oil and minced garlic. Season with some salt and pepper for extra flavour, and then mix all the ingredients together.
3) Chop potatoes into small quarters, and add to a deep pan with olive oil and chopped red onions – these can be quartered for chunkier pieces or sliced so that they go extra sticky when cooking.
4) Drizzle the sauce over the ingredients, and pop in the oven for 20 minutes.
5) After 20 minutes, turn over the sausages and pop back in for another 15 minutes.
6) Once the sausages look cooked, whack the pan under the grill for a couple of extra minutes to make the potatoes go extra crispy and the sausages extra sticky.