This epic homemade hash browns recipe makes you the perfect weekend brunch of loaded hash browns. You’ve tried loaded fries so why not take your hash browns to the next level too?! Our restaurant Chef Vic came up with this epic brunch hash browns and breakfast bacon recipe, perfect if you want to try new bacon breakfast ideas. Topped with a tangy chimichurri, crispy bacon crumb, nutty parmesan cheese and fresh chilli, this is the ultimate weekend brunch recipe or potato breakfast recipe. Try this with our Double Smoked British Streaky Bacon for the ultimate homemade crispy bacon bits and bacon crumb.
– 4 Seasoned Hash Browns (sounds random but we like using a mix of garlic powder, onion powder, salt, pepper, paprika and sugar for ours!)
-40g chimichurri (made from 20g dried oregano, 10g smoked paprika, 1g chilli flakes, 15g garlic powder, 25g fresh parsley, pinch of salt, 70ml olive oil, 20ml red wine vinegar, all combined)
– 10g parmesan cheese
– 2 rashers of The Jolly Hog Double Smoked Streaky Bacon (cooked crispy into a bacon crumb)
– 1 spring onion (1/6 bunch)
– 1/2 red chilli
– To make this homemade hash browns recipe, start by cooking the Double Smoked Streaky Bacon until crispy then crumble and chop to make the bacon crumb.
– Chop spring onions and red chilli.
– Add the oregano, chilli flakes and paprika to a bowl. Add a splash of water and a pinch of salt. Grate the garlic and add to the bowl (or use garlic powder). Chop up fresh parsley, add to the bowl and mix together.
– Add olive oil and red wine vinegar.
– Deep fry the hash browns until golden (or air fry them if you have an air fryer. You can also just cook them in the oven or under the grill)
– Plate the hash browns with chimichurri, grated parmesan cheese, the crispy bacon crumb, spring onions and chopped chillis and tuck in!