Middle Eastern Harissa Chicken Sausage & Aubergine Traybake
We love pairing our quintessentially British chicken sausages with exotic flavours. We’re obsessed with Middle Eastern flavours at the moment so of course we had to try our chicken sausages with them. The peppery and rosemary flavour of our chicken sausages goes amazingly with the spicy harissa and sweetness of the pomegranate seeds. We love this recipe because it only takes half an hour to make, making it perfectly for busy families – plus it’s great for healthy meal prep! The traybake is always a great way to sneak in lots of vegetables into your diet – and to your kids! If you don’t have aubergine, courgette, or pomegranate seeds you can switch these up for squash, or even add halloumi for an even more high protein meal.
- 1x pack of Jolly Hen Chicken Sausages
- 1 courgette
- 1 aubergine
- Pomegranate seeds (optional)
- Rose Harissa
- Olive oil
- Start by heating your grill to 180 degrees or a medium high heat.
- Chop courgette and aubergine into small chunks and add to your oven tray.
- Take a pack of our Jolly Hen chicken sausages and lay them on top of the vegetables.
- In a small bowl, combine olive oil with harissa. Add extra harissa if you like your food more spicy, or add more olive oil to harissa if you aren’t as big of a fan of spice.
- Drizzle your traybake with the harissa olive oil mix and then pop it under the grill.
- Grill for 7 minutes and then flip the sausages and return to the grill for another 8 minutes. Check to see if your chicken sausages are nicely browned and cooked through, and if so remove from the grill and serve.
- Sprinkle with pomegranate seeds, and add salt and pepper to taste.