Think Mac & Cheese but BETTER. We’ve upped the average ham pasta recipes with this delicious mustard Mac and cheese. If you’re looking for ham recipes, make sure to give this one a go. We’ve raised the Mac & Cheese bar by pairing it with our Black Treacle Ham (but it also tastes amazing with our Honey Mustard British Ham too!). The beautifully bittersweet black treacle cure creates a unique flavour of this ham which cuts through the cheesiness of this dish.
– 1 pack of The Jolly Hog Black Treacle Ham
– 1 pack of Rigatoni (or macaroni)
– 1 large block of Cheddar
– 2 tbsp butter
– Milk 330ml
– 2 tbsp Tracklements Dijon Mustard
– 2 and a half tbsp of plain flour
1. Start by boiling your pasta according to pack instructions until it is al dente.
2. Grate a whole block of cheddar into a bowl.
3. Chuck 2 tbsp of butter into a saucepan on medium heat.
4. Add the flour and stir with a whisk or fork until it forms a paste.
5. Reduce the heat to low and stir in your milk, a small amount at a time.
6. Chuck your grated cheese in and continue to stir util all your cheese is in. The sauce will soon thicken into a proper sauce.
7. Once it’s thickened, add in 2 tbsp Dijon mustard.
8. Drain your pasta then spread it out across an oven-proof tray. Pour the cheesy sauce on top of your pasta, making sure it’s all equally covered.
9. Cook in the oven for about 20 mins on 200c fan/ 220c oven. Remove from the oven, tear up a pack of The Jolly Hog Black Treacle Ham into thick pieces and sprinkle on top of the mac and cheese. Return to the oven for a further 5 minutes.
10. Remove from the oven once the cheese and ham has begun to crisp and wait 10 minutes before serving. For more ham pasta recipes, visit our cook page!