If you’re making a mid-week lunch and fancy something with flavour which takes minimum time, then this is the dish for you. It’s packed with taste and most of the ingredients can easily be switched out for alternatives if you don’t have the right goods in the house. The best part is that this dish is completely gluten free, but can always be swapped for pasta if you prefer.
– 1 pack of Jolly Hog bacon
– Green pea fusilli
– Crushed garlic
– Tender stem broccoli
1) Boil green pea fusilli according to the package instructions.
2) Crush and mince garlic and chop chilli finely. Cut tender stem broccoli into smaller florets and courgette into half rounds.
3) Add the chilli and garlic to a frying pan with butter or oil and saute for a few minutes before adding the broccoli and courgette.
4) Meanwhile, whack our bacon under the grill until it is done, turning mid way if need be.
5) Once the pasta has been cooked and drained, and the courgette and broccoli are cooked, put the pan on low heat and chuck the pasta in. Stir for a couple of minutes and then remove.
6) Chop the cooked bacon into smaller pieces – trying not to eat all as you go – and mix into the pasta.
7) Serve with grated parmesan and chilli flakes.