If you want to try some new sausage recipe ideas this gochujang rice is perfect for you. Adventurous foodies will know that gochujang sauce is super popular at the moment, and for good reason! This sausage rice recipe combines the sweetness of our Caramelised Onion Sausages with the sweet, smokey and spicy gochujang sauce. Try this Gochujang sausage fried rice with miso mushrooms for a new gochujang recipe if you’re obsessed as we are! Miso fried mushrooms bring in loads of salty umami richness, the gochujang & crispy chilli oil bring the heat to the party with a smoky sweetness & every bite is packed with crunchy crispy onions & sesame seeds. Give it a go.
– 1 pack of The Jolly Hog Caramelised Porker British Sausages
– Cornish Sea Salt Garlic Sea Salt
– Kale and Sprouts (or tender stem broccoli or green beans)
– 1 onion
– 2 cloves of garlic
– Sesame oil
– 1 tbsp soy sauce
– 1 tsp rice wine vinegar
– 1.5 tbsp gochujang paste
– Miso paste (optional)
– Sesame seeds (optional)
– Crispy chilli oil (optional)
– To make this sausage rice, start by cooking your rice. As well as being a great sausage recipe idea, this is a great recipe for using up leftover rice. If you haven’t got any though, cook your rice until al dente – we like using Jasmine rice or you can use regular white rice or sushi rice.
– If you’re adding sprouts to this gochujang rice, chop them in halves and roast them for 15-20 mins on 200 after tossing sesame oil through them.
– We added kale fo the last 5 mins with a sprinkle of sesame oil and garlic sea salt but you could use any veggies like tender stem brocoli or green beans or leave out the vegetables all together.
– When your rice is cooking, squeeze the meat out of our Caramelised Porker sausages into a bowl. Chop 1 onion into small pieces and mince 2 garlic cloves & fry on a medium heat until they’re beginning to soften.
– Chuck in the sausage meat and stir fry it, breaking it into pork mince with your spatula and turning constantly as it caramelises and cooks through. Put that pan to the side.
– Stir 1 tbsp sesame oil, 1 tbsp soy sauce, 1 tsp rice wine vinegar & 1.5 tbsp gochujang paste in a bowl.
– When your rice is cooked, put the wok or frying pan containing your crispy sausage mince back over heat and chuck the rice in. Stir through the sauce you made as well.
– Whilst your rice is frying, pan fry some chopped mushrooms with a mix of 1 tbsp soy sauce & 1 tbsp miso (use water to loosen up the miso sauce if need be)
– Throw your roasted sesame kale & sprouts, plus your mushrooms into the sausage rice & stir through.
– Sprinkle with any crunchy goodness you have – for us it was crispy onions, spring onions, sesame seeds & crispy chilli oil.