Han & Liv whipped up this Fakeaway Chinese recipe for us, creating an Asian feast for a team lunch. They went to the lengths of making a Beef Massamam Curry recipe with our Jolly Cow Burgers, crispy ‘Sausage Toast’ recipe with our Proper Porkers (their take on the classic prawn toast recipe) and Filo Spring Rolls with our shredded Pulled Pork in them (Pulled Pork Spring Rolls Recipe? Yes please). Epic scenes.
Ingredients for the crispy spring rolls recipe:
A pack of spring roll pastry sheets (you can buy from a local Asian supermarket)
2 x packs of The Jolly Hog pulled pork (cooked and ready)
A pack of beansprouts
2 x grated carrots
2 x shallots
2 x cloves of garlic
Half a cabbage finely chopped
2 tablespoons of soy sauce
1 tablespoons of sweet chilli sauce
A grind of pepper
Ingredients for the sausage toast ‘prawn toast’ recipe:
Pack of Proper Porker British sausages
Method for the pulled pork spring rolls recipe:
– Cook your pulled pork to packet instructions + 10 extra minutes to make it crispy.
– Fry your shallot in oil and a knob of butter, cook until caramelised. Add in the grated carrots, cabbage and beansprouts and cook until soft. You want to mixture to be quite dry so cook it for a bit longer than usual.
– Cool the vegetables and add the pulled pork in. Mix well, add the soy sauce, sweet chilli sauce and black pepper and mix again.
– Once you’ve got this mixture ready and it’s cooled, it’s time to make your spring rolls.
– Take a spring roll sheet and put it onto a surface turned so it’s a diamond shape. Put your spring roll mixture at the bottom in a long rectangle. You’ll need to do a good few spoonful’s to get the right amount. Fold the bottom corner over the spring roll mix, and roll a bit, and then fold the side corners, so you create something tat looks like an envelope. Then put a bit of butter or oil onto the top rice paper and roll the whole spring roll into it so it closes well. Make sure you roll tight so the rolls done loosen up whilst cooking.
– One you’ve done all of the spring rolls, coat them in a bit of oil or butter and cook in the oven for 30 minutes at 180 or until crispy. You can also deep fry them if you have a fryer.
Method for the sausage toast recipe:
– Whizz all the ingredients together in a food processor.
– Squeeze out the meat from our sausages into a bowl.
– Spread a layer of sausage mixture onto thick white bread.
– Dip the sausage side in whisked egg, cover in sesame seeds then cook on 180 for 16-20 minutes.