– 1 of our The Jolly Hog Black Treacle Gammon
– Pierre Koffmanns Chipping Potatoes
– Free range eggs
– Put our Black Treacle Gammon in the oven and cook according to pack instructions.
– Start by peeling potatoes. Pierre Koffmann Chipping potatoes work best for roasted chunky chips.
– As you’re peeling each potato, put the peeled ones in a bowl or saucepan of cold water, to help them stay fresh.
– Once peeled, chop each potato in half length-ways and then into 3 or 4 chunks depending on how chunky you like your chips, and how large the potatoes are.
– Bring a deep saucepan to boil and then add your chips. Boil for 8-10 minutes.
– Check the chips are done by poking a fork through one. The fork should very easily go through the potato.
– Drain the chips in a colander. Shake them a little to rough up the edges, and allow them time to air dry.
– When the gammon is cooked, remove from the tray and cover with foil – leave it to rest so that it stays juicy.
– Heat oil in a baking tray at 200-220 degrees. Once it’s hot, carefully add the chips and sprinkle with salt. Give them a quick turn to make sure they are coated in oil.
– Cook for around 25 mins, until the chips are golden.
– Serve with thickly sliced black treacle gammon, fried eggs and peas.
TOP TIP: Save some of the juices from your Gammon roasting to cook the chunky chips in for extra crispy, tasty potatoes.