We love getting creative with the cooking around Easter to give the children something to look forward to (as if they need any more excitement at Easter!) Have a go at making these pancakes as a fun activity with your kids on Easter, and get stuck in having a competition of who can make the best Easter Bunny face. As well as these pancakes looking great, they taste delicious and we’ve made them gluten free so that everyone can enjoy them!
– 1 pack of Jolly Hog Smoked Streaky Bacon
– Around 100g Cream Cheese (that’s normally about a 3rd of a tub)
– 4 Large Eggs
– 2/3 tsp Baking Powder
– 3 tbsp almond flour
– 1 tsp vanilla extract
– Blend all your ingredients (except the bacon, blueberries & butter) together in a blender or with a food processor or electric whisk, whichever you have in the house. The batter will be smooth and liquidy.
– Pop any large bubbles at the top of the batter with a fork.
– Heat your grill to medium high heat. Lay our streaky bacon onto a tray, bending it into floppy bunny ear shapes. Grill the bacon for a few minutes on each side until crispy.
– Whilst the bacon is grilling, heat butter in a frying pan and wait until hot.
– Pour the batter into the pan and cook until both sides are firm, flipping half way. Try and get your pancake as circular as you can.
– Once all the food is ready, plate it up to make it look like an Easter bunny. Use the streaky bacon to make the floppy bunny ears, and the fruit to make its face. You can also use bananas or even a dollop of cream to make the Easter bunnies face. For an extra treat, top with maple syrup then tuck in.