There is nothing like making themed foods, we claim it’s for a fun activity for the children, but who are we kidding, we all love Easter themed foods! We’ve seen loads of Easter bunny shaped foods so wanted to give it our The Jolly Hog twist, which of course meant adding streaky bacon. Cheesy, crispy & crunchy, this bacon and cheese bread sharer is the perfect snack for the whole family to tuck into. Have a go making it on Easter morning then tuck in later, making sure to dip the bacon and bread bites into the delicious baked camembert. If you want to take it to the next level, you can also rub garlic butter on the dough before cooking to make it the ultimate Bacon, Cheese & Garlic Tear and share bread.
– 1 pack of The Jolly Hog Smoked Streaky Bacon
– 1 Camembert Wheel (you could use a wheel of goats cheese with honey if your prefer!)
– 250g strong white flour plus extra for dusting
– 1 tsp salt
– 7g sachet fast-action yeast
– 1.5 tbsp olive oil
– 150ml water
– Mix your strong white flour, 1 tsp salt and a 7g sachet of fast-action yeast in a large bowl.
– Make a well in the centre and add your olive oil and water. Mix together until your dough forms.
– Place the dough on a floured surface and knead for around 10 mins.
– After you’ve kneaded the dough. Place the dough in a lightly oiled bowl with cling film over the top. Leave for an hour or until it doubles in size.
– Once the dough has risen it is now time to start making you Easter bunny.
– Separate your dough into 3 sections. One for the body, one for the head and one for the ears.
– Roll out one of your pieces of dough into a long snake like shape, wrap it around your camembert and attached the dough together.
– Using a sharp knife, make small indents around the dough. Using these indents, wrap your Jolly Hog Streaky Bacon around the dough.
– To form your bunny head, roll out your other piece of dough into a round ball and attach to the other piece of dough.
– Create your bunny ears and place them on to the baking sheet.
– Bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes or until your bread is golden brown and your bacon is crispy.