We decided to try out Tik Tok’s latest food hack – candied bacon. Candied bacon has always been something we’ve loved adding to our burgers, but we believe this recipe is the ultimate addition to a burger! Candied bacon is extra sweet, going so well with our Oak and Beech Smoked Streaky bacon for a combo of salty, sweet and smokey. The bacon is also excellent for impressive breakfasts or breakfast for kids when you fancy having a little bit of fun with the food! The sugar caramelises to make the bacon extra crispy, so give it a whirl!
– 1 pack of Jolly Hog Smoked Streaky Bacon
– 6 tsps brown sugar
– 1 tbsp honey
– A generous glug of spiced rum
– Add 6 tsp of brown sugar to a bowl.
– Next add 1 tbsp of honey and the generous glug of spiced rum.
– Stir together the mixture.
– In a sauce pan on a medium heat, add your mixture and stir until it thickens and bubbles. Make sure not to burn it!
– Drizzle and brush your bacon with the sugary mixture.
– Cook the bacon at 180 degrees for 20 minutes, or until deliciously crispy, then enjoy!