We’ve called this a recipe but it’s really too easy to count as one! This crispy bacon and grilled chicken salad is perfect for a sunny day – fingers crossed for another one soon – and packs a whooping load of protein from the chicken and bacon, helping you stay full for longer!
– 1 pack of Jolly Hog Streaky Bacon
– 2 Chicken Breasts
– Olive oil
– Lemon juice
– Cajun pepper
– Crushed nuts
– Chopped Tomatoes
1. To make this salad the ultimate summer option, we cooked the meat on the BBQ to added an extra smokey taste.
2. Flatten your chicken breasts for more of an even cook by covering with cling film or sealing in a plastic bag and beating.
3. Season your chicken with your spices of choice – we love using a bit of lemon juice to keep it juicy and some cajun seasoning.
4. Leave the sausages to grill for a couple of minutes on each side.
5. Add our Streaky Bacon Rashers to the BBQ and leave them for a couple minutes until they look crispy.
6. Slice up the chicken and bacon into strips then sprinkle on a bed of salad with some crushed nuts, chopped tomatoes, lemon juice and a bit of chipotle dressing for a kick.