– 2 packs of Jolly Hog Proper Porker sausages
– 600g Butternut Squash
– 400g risotto rice
– 50g Parmesan
– White onion
– 3 cloves of garlic
– 8 thyme sprigs
– 1 teaspoon turmeric
– 2 litres of chicken stock
– Salt and pepper
– Olive oil
1) Put 600g butternut squash cubes in a microwavable container with a couple of tablespoons of water and cook on high for around 10 mins in the microwave until the squash is tender.
2) Take 12 sausages and squeeze out the meat from their skins, before rolling into small meatballs.
3) Heat a couple of tablespoons of olive oil in a large high sided frying pan and heat the sausage meat balls until browned and cooked through (around 10 minutes!).
4) Chop 1 large white onion and 3 cloves of garlic.
5) In the same pan, add a tablespoon of butter, add the onion and cook for around 5 minutes. Add the garlic and for another minute.
6) Stir in 8 thyme sprigs, 1 teaspoon turmeric and 400g risotto rice and cook for another minute, stirring continuously.
7) Add in a ladle at the time of 2 litres of chicken stock at a time, adding more until it is all fully absorbed.
8) Mash up half of the butternut squash and add to the pan along with sausage meat balls and 50g grated parmesan. Stir, then top with the remaining squash and leave for another minute. Season with salt and pepper then serve (with some more parmesan).