These sticky citrus sausages are ridiculously easy to prep but packed full of flavour. Ready in less than an hour, use this easy recipe when you can’t be bothered to put in a lot of effort but want a yummy meal. We added fennel and orange, but you can swap out the fennel if you have fussy piglets, or switch the orange for apples which also work well.
• 2 packs of The Jolly Hog Proper Porker sausages.
• Wholegrain mustard.
• Runny honey.
• Red onions.
• Soy sauce.
• Olive oil.
• Balsamic vinegar.
• Fennel bulbs.
• Oranges (or apples).
1. We love serving up these sausages with crispy roast potatoes and garlic roasted chicory. If you want to do the same, start by peeling & quartering your potatoes & boiling for 15 mins. Drain when they are soft to touch free, then shake them up in the colander for extra crispy tatties. Heat up oil in a pan for 10 mins then add the potatoes and turn after 10 mins.
2. To make the chicory, grab 6 garlic bulbs and crush under the weight of a knife then add on top of halved chicory in a roasting tin. Top it with lemon juice and a bit of olive oil for extra flavour. Roast for 30-40 mins.
3. For the main event, start by chopping a fennel bulb into thin slices & laying at the bottom of the oven tray.
4. Chop 3 red onions into halves and add to the tray, laying your sausages on top.
5. For the sticky citrus dressing for the sausages, mix 1tbsp honey, 3 tbsp wholegrain mustard, 1 tsp balsamic vinegar, 1 tbsp soy sauce and olive oil in a bowl.
6. Add crushed garlic cloves and rosemary sprigs if you have any.
7. Drizzle the sauce over the tray, season with salt and pepper and then pop in the oven for 20 mins.
8. When the sausages are almost ready whack the grill on to make them juicy and to brown their skins.
9. Chop oranges, remove their skin and place on top of the traybake.